FVVC's Club Philosophy
FVVC operates to accomplish three primary goals:
- Build Leaders
- We believe our coaches are uniquely positioned to be role models to our athletes. We work hard to select the right coaches and equip them appropriately to influence our athletes positively.
- Our coaches work hard to create an environment that allows kids to learn and grow together.
- We want to equip our athletes to be leaders in the community during, and at the completion of, their time with FVVC.
- Develop Athletes
- FVVC's coaches are a strong mixture of ex-CIS/CCAA athletes, CIS/CCAA coaches and local community coaches. Each coach combines their expertise with FVVC's development plan to develop athletes for the next level.
- We invest heavily in coach development including covering the cost of coaching certification and providing coaches feedback in a variety of channels over the course of the year.
- Every year we see over half of our graduating class head off to CCAA/CIS schools to play at the next level, with offers typically made available to all of our athletes.
- Chase Championships
- Every FVVC team works all year to prepare for the Provincial and National Championships.
- With 8 National Championships and 33 Provincial Championships, plus many more medals at each event, our club has been successful in the biggest events in the yearly club calendar.